Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ode to Old Wrestling

In my conversations with GM Jones, we saw a commercial for WWE Survivor Series. We began to reminisce about past survivor series....when we were avid watchers of wrestling. 
I was a hugh wrestling fan....you couldn't tell me wrestling wasn't real. 
I had my favorites and the ones i hated. 
Pay Per View to live at the once Civic Arena now Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, I was a fan. 
Atleast 5 times a year..we had to order an event. 
January, it was Royal Rumble...had to get Royal Rumble! 
My favorite Royal Rumbles....Hulk Hogan's second in 91 
March or April, Wrestlemania!!! It always cost more but we had to get it!!!!!
June, King of the Ring....always got it because it was right about my birthday...King of the Ring was the most creative too. 
If It Was A Good Year! August...Summer Slam! 
Summer slam was good just about always. 
And at the end of the year....Survivior Series.....

I still every now and then will watch wrestling but its not the same as it was back in the day. When wrestlers were creative and of substance.....
Like


warrior
and

the best there is

or

perfectR.I.P. 

also

hoganI could go on forever!!! But there are a few of my favorites. 





Goodnight

No comments: