Saturday, November 1, 2008

First of the Month

Last night, Halloween was crazy. My costume was tough, a cowboy....more specifically Woody from Toy Story (pics to be posted later.) Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, even though many don't observe it. Its the only day that everybody including adults can dress like anyone or anything. At my halloween costume last night, i saw some sexy costumes. 

With only about 50 or so hours until election day. I honestly can't wait for the day and also for the day the be over. All the news, mud slinging, commercials, speeches, everything can wear on you. There are several battleground states up for grabs. Yahoo.com has Barack Obama winning most of these battleground states. I don't know if i trust or believe this. Ohio could easily go for Mccain as well as New Hampshire, Missouri and Indiana. These 4 states add up to 46 votes. I'am confident that Senator Obama will win greatly, but i'am also aware that this is almost too good to be true. 

The Pittsburgh Panthers defeated the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame in 4 overtimes today, winning 36-33. I applaud the defense of Pitt for only allowing field goals during overtime. Leshan "Shady" McCoy is showing game after game why he should be mentioned among the best in the nation. Maybe this win will help boost Pitt back into the top 25. With this win Pitt is now bowl eligible! Penn State was idle this week but will move in the BCS Rankings. Thanks to Mike Crabtree and T- Tech (Texas Tech) who upset number 1 Texas today. A truly amazing game. Texas battled back from down 16 at the half to lead the game late in the 4th. Michael Crabtree in my opinion the best Wideout in college football right now, scored the winning touchdown which is only right. Shoutouts out to Colt McCoy and Malcolm Williams of Texas. Both played hard.   I'm upset that Georgia lost today to Florida, but Florida did owe Georgia one from last season and they came out and played that way. 

Is it Monday yet? I find myself asking this question. Because the Pittsburgh Steelers will face the Washington Redskins on monday night football. A game that i should be at......but will be watching from a bar or my bedroom. Regardless of where...it will be a great game and i can't wait to see. Willie Parker should be playing and i can say that i'am happy to see him return. And tuesday is the election! I can't wait for these two days...two big days for me. 

Also shoutsout to the The Pittsburgh Penguins for mashing the St. Louis Blues 6-3. Sid the Kid with 2 assist, Malkin with a goal and an assist. Look out for the Pens this year

One of my favorite rappers and pittsburgh native Boaz. Just released a pre album mixtape called the Manuscript, i haven't heard it yet but when i do i will give a full review. 
www.myspace.com/boazgov

From time to time i will recommend an album to listen to or purchase, 
this time i will suggest Give Up by the Postal Service. Of the Pop/Rock genre. The Postal service through its movie like production can take it away from wherever it is you are at. Check it out. 

Check back for my post game and post election analysis. 

Until then....


No comments: