Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a Weekend!!!

My weekend ended early this morning....

Still fatigued..I bring to you...A Life Changing Weekend...

First!
I am 2 for 2 in my Super Bowl predictions.....
Cardinals....
Steelers........
Larry Fitzgearld can't be stopped!!!
Larry
3 touchdowns!!
The eagles made a valiant comeback in the 4th quarter but let too much time for Kurt and the Cards to march up field and hang another 7 on them...
McNabb
Philly Eagles Great Season!!!!
We will continue to wait for an All PA Superbowl...

The toughest schedule in the NFL couldn't keep the Steelers out the 7th Trip to the Super Bowl...
AFC Champs again for the 7th times. 

Big Ben lead the offense...making laser beam passes to his receivers..
Santonio Holmes continues to be a playmaker
Hines Ward makes first down often before his injury...
Troy Polamalu and the new Steel Curtain play Championship defense..
only allowing 198 yards..
Troy!!!

Lamar
AFC Champs....
Santoniooo!
Tampa here we come! 
Coach Tomlin
PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!


Now Number 4 Pitt took on Number 8 Syracuse on monday night and The Panthers came to play...Sam Young scored 18 of his 22 in the second half .
Juan Blair with 20 and 12.
Way to bounce back at the loss.

I did not deliver a MLK Post....
Dr. Martin Luther King is the staple of the Civil Rights Movement. Dr. King's struggle for equality impacted the entire country and he was admired all over the world for it. I must thank Dr. King for helping us get where we are right now...
It still amazes me how MLK Day fell the day before The Inauguration.

I give you....The Last Speech of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.



Early Tuesday Morning, me and my confidants travels to the National Mall of Washington...having to walk over 20 blocks to get there amongst millions of people from everywhere...
Photobucket
This was the scene as we stepped of the Metro.....
crowd
On the way to the Mall.....
crowd 1
Still walking.....
Photobucket
Look at all these people...Headed to witness history...

Photobucket
Some of Bush's stuff...
PhotobucketThe Washington Monument
Photobucket
Patiently Waiting for the moment...

Photobucket
President Obama being sworn in...

The Inaugural speech of President Obama promised a New America. 
An america of all races, religions, colors.
Reaching out to former enemies to make peace..
This is an America we can all look forward to living in..
Never in my life have I seen so many people. So many people there for one purpose...to witness history...to the beginning of a new America....
Photobucket4 million people...


Then Came...The Mass Exodus...Over a million people walking up 18th Street...
Photobucket
Photobucket

The overall mood of everyone was cheerful and excited. Never have a seen so many people care for and look out for each other..Opening up to others...It was amazing...People from everywhere....Brazil...Australia...Jamaica..(Jamaica was deep!)...Japan....California....Minnesota...Pittsburgh...Canada....Kenya...
I gave my flag to a Kenyan woman who asked me for it...she offered to pay me but I refused payment. 
I hope you enjoyed your time in America.....
Photobucket
Proud to be an American...
Besides the 1996 Olympics with Michael Johnson, a brief post 9-11 period and the 2008 Olympics with Michael Phelps & The Redeem Team, have I ever been truly proud to be an American. I find it interesting that most of my proud moments center around sports. I believe the feeling I felt was mutual among almost everyone who was there. 

There are just about 4 million stories about Tuesday...This is 1.

Happy Friday!
Have a Good Weekend!





No comments: