Tuesday, January 27, 2009

They Stole Our Snow Day

I awoke to white trees and whiter roads....my first thought....No Skool!!! DC Almost always closes down when it snows.
I turn on the news....Howard University please pop up...please pop up! NOPE! Look on the website...we have skool. 
Damn! 
I decide for over 20 mins on whether or not i'm going to make the 10 mins walk now 16 becuz of the snow..to campus for my History of Africana Philosophy class. which i haven't been to yet.....i registered for the class the friday before last....last tuesday was the inauguration...no skool and thursday..i didn't go...only becuz i forgot and thought the class was later than 11:10....I decide to go....I get dressed..put my iPod on and head to campus only to come to an empty classroom...the class where i'm supposed to have class.....So basically for NOTHING...I walked to campus in the snow.
Handled some other business..so i felt a little bit better but still!

As the day nears closing....I become more anxious. On Sunday, The Pittsburgh Steelers will try to make history by becoming the only NFL team to will 6 Superbowls. A very tough feat to accomplish. 
ben
The Steelers as well as the Cardinals arrived in Tampa yesterday..
Today is media day. Local, National and International press interview players and coaches. Sadly, we don't have NFL network so i am unable to watch the entire day of media. For right now I will watch NFL Live on ESPN until I have time later to watch interviews online. The biggest concern on both sides is the condition of Hines Ward's knee. He has had 2 weeks to receive the knee but I believe that the injury is more serious but he is Hines Ward and this is the Superbowl...hes going to Play. But I was reminded that in 2006 on our way to Superbowl 40..Hines Ward was injured with a sprained shoulder..good karma? Maybe.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ben with the camera again
Photobucket
A great performance by Ben Roethlisberger is need to ensure victory this time around. Ben is aware of the face that he played bad the first superbowl and he looks to improve and prove himself as an elite quarterback. Ben has continued to improve as the season progressed and i'm sure he will do better this time around. 
Although since 2004, Ben has been sacked more than any quarterback in the NFL one more than Marc Bulger. Ben also has the Second Best winning percentage among all active quarterbacks, right behind Tom Brady. 
Stop sleepin on Big Ben
Photobucket
Whats up with Chargers GM AJ Smith disrespecting and mocking LT (LaDainian Tomlinson).
lt
This is a display poor ethics and taste. Why would you down your star player, who has been nothing
but one of the best running backs in the NFL for the past several 
seasons and he still wants to play for your team.
Your trippin sir, you did the right thing by apologizing but I know and LT knows its fake. 
But hes loyal to the organization, your lucky.
And you better not trade him! But if you do...good for the team he goes and terrible for you.
It'll be like a curse.

Mas Picturas
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket





New Video from:
Pittsburgh Slim- My bitch is crazy

Not as good as "Girls kiss girls".....i could see this 
on the next season of Entourage tho....Watch!

1 comment:

Dr. Greene said...

I didn't know you had a blog...very interesting post. I'm living off-campus this semester. So, I was praying for a snow day too...But I made my way to class only to have the one class I had that day be canceled because the TA decided not to show up. Anyway, I hope the Steelers do win. But, not to make too many parallels, I hope that the Cardinals don't turn into the Saints and have that one miraculous run and then sink back to mediocrity. Hines Ward is one of my favorite receivers. I hope that he can get out on the field and really be himself, ya know...